Aquaculture grade copper sulphate

Short Description:

Prevention and treatment of aquatic diseases: Copper sulfate has a strong ability to kill  pathogens and is widely used in the prevention and treatment of fish diseases in

aquaculture. It can prevent and treat some fish diseases caused by algae, such as the

attachment disease of starch ovodinium algae and lichen moss (filamentous algae).


Product Detail

Product Tags

Technical indicators

Item

Index

CuSO4.5H2O % 

98.0

As mg/kg ≤

25

Pb mg/kg ≤

125

Cd mg/kg ≤

25

Water insoluble matter % 

0.2

H2SO4 % ≤

0.2

Product Use Description

Prevention and treatment of aquatic diseases: Copper sulfate has a strong ability to kill pathogens and is widely used in the prevention and treatment of fish diseases in aquaculture. It can prevent and treat some fish diseases caused by algae, such as the attachment disease of starch ovodinium algae and lichen moss (filamentous algae).

The free copper ions after dissolving copper sulfate in water can destroy the activity of the oxidoreductase system in the insects, hinder the metabolism of the insects or combine the proteins of the insects into protein salts. It has become a common insecticidal and algae-killing drug by the majority of fishermen. 

The role of copper sulfate in aquaculture

1. Prevention and treatment of fish diseases

Copper sulfate can be used to prevent and control fish diseases caused by protozoa (eg, whipworm disease, crypto whipworm disease, ichthyosis, trichomoniasis, oblique tube worm disease, trichoriasis, etc.) and fish caused by crustaceans Diseases (such as Chinese fish flea disease, etc.).

2. Sterilization

Copper sulfate is mixed with lime water to produce Bordeaux mixture. As a fungicide, the fish utensils are soaked in 20ppm copper sulfate aqueous solution for half an hour to kill the protozoa.

3. Control the growth of harmful algae

Copper sulfate is also commonly used to prevent and treat fish poisoning caused by Microcystis and Ovodinium. The concentration of the medicine sprayed in the whole pond is 0.7ppm (the ratio of copper sulfate to ferrous sulfate is 5:2). After the medicine is used, the aerator should be activated in time or filled with water. Prevents fish poisoning caused by the toxic substances produced after the algae die.

Precautions for copper sulfate aquaculture

(1) The toxicity of copper sulfate is directly proportional to the water temperature, so it should generally be used in the morning on a sunny day, and the dosage should be relatively reduced according to the water temperature;

(2) The amount of copper sulfate is directly proportional to the fertility of the water body, the content of organic matter and suspended solids, the salinity, and the pH value. Therefore, the appropriate amount should be selected according to the specific conditions of the pond during use;

(3) Use copper sulfate with caution when the water body is alkaline to avoid the formation of copper oxide and poison fish;

(4) The safe concentration range of copper sulfate for fish and other aquatic animals is relatively small, and the toxicity is relatively high (especially for fry), so the dosage should be accurately calculated when using it;

(5) Do not use metal utensils when dissolving, do not use water above 60℃ to prevent loss of efficacy. After administration, oxygen should be fully increased to prevent dead algae from consuming oxygen, affecting water quality and causing flooding;

(6) Copper sulfate has certain toxic and side effects (such as hematopoietic function, feeding and growth, etc.) and residual accumulation, so it cannot be used frequently;

(7) Avoid using copper sulfate in the treatment of melon worm disease and powdery mildew.

Product Packaging

2
1

  • Previous:
  • Next:

  • Write your message here and send it to us